The Bargaining Team of the Academic Professionals of California (APC) wants to provide all Unit 4 employees with the negotiated Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs) allowing for the implementation and clarification of the updated COVID-19 vaccine/booster policy and the Supplemental Paid Sick Leave (SPSL) policy which was implemented through SB 114.
Here are a couple of key takeaways from each:
- Employees who have an adverse effect from the vaccine/booster shall be able to access SPSL/SB 114 Leave.
- Employees shall generally be vaccinated by May 13, 2022, unless the employee has obtained an exemption or there are other reasonable reasons for a delay.
Review and/or download the Systemwide — COVID Mandatory Vaccine – Booster MOU (05-2022) here.
SPSL/SB 114 Leave:
- Employees will generally have access to 80-hours of leave for employees who are unable to work
- One 40-hour bank is for employees who test positive or are caring for someone who tests positive.
- The second 40-hour bank is for those who are displaying COVID symptoms, are caring for someone who is displaying symptoms of COVID, or the employee is caring for a child whose school/daycare is unavailable due to COVID.
Review and/or download the Systemwide — Covid ECRL Update (04-2022) here.
If you have further questions, please contact your campus Steward or the APC Labor Relations Team: firstname.lastname@example.org.